- There will be limited storage on a yacht, so pack light and use soft luggage. Always bring a spare set of everything. There’s more than a chance you’ll get wet.
- Never wear black, leather-soled or hard shoes; always wear plimsolls, trainers or, ideally deck shoes.
- Ask for permission to board before stepping from the shore.
- Noise travels on water, keep your opinions about your neighbour’s attire to yourself.
- Port and starboard, never left and right.
- Fore and aft, never front or behind.
- Actually owning a yacht carries more kudos than dressing in such a way as to make everyone think you do.
- Never throw anything overboard.
- Never argue with the captain.
- Champagne tastes better on the high seas.
If this was helpful, check out my blog for more etiquette tips and my full services. I’ll have everything linked below so check out the description. Subscribe and click the bell for more etiquette and modern manners everyday at 7am PST. Thanks so much for watching and I’ll see you later!
You must log in to post a comment.