Have you heard the news?!
There are 3 major changes coming to IG:
- Creator shop
- Affiliate commerce
- Branded content marketplace (similar to TikTok’s creator marketplace)
To stay updated on more Instagram news, sign up to get more Instagram hacks and free monthly content ideas here!
What does this mean?
Instagram is putting the power of monetization directly in YOUR hands.
Although Zuckerberg hasn’t given us a date on when to expect these changes… there’s no denying that these changes will help connect brands directly with creators.
And while you hold your breath in anticipation, there are a few things you can do to prime and prep your profile to help you monetize with ease as soon as these changes drop:
- Clean up your IG bio: make sure you’re using keywords and clarifying your niche.
- Start optimizing your captions: attract your dream collabs by writing captions rich with keywords (and other SEO practices).
- Post consistently (like you said you would): set clear goals, dedicate a day to create content, and plan ahead… you’ve got this! 🏽
- Take this time to increase engagement: this is a great time to brainstorm some ways to increase engagement while we wait for these changes.
- Master Reels: the older reels get, the harder it is to stay ahead. Start using reels to grow your audience ASAP. This will make it easier for you to monetize your IG when the time comes.
As you work on prepping your profile, I may or may not be releasing a new free webinar that’ll help you understand the algorithm, master reels, and land more brand collabs in a few short weeks. 🏽
But in the meantime, it’s a great idea to start priming your profile for more money-making opportunities (whether those changes come today or tomorrow).