Plus a bonus one you didn’t expect!
The glow up is real. When you serve others, it’s biologically innate to feel good about yourself. A good old fashioned surge of oxytocin flows through your brain. What is oxytocin? It’s the hugging drug that literally emits when you have physical contact with others.
It’s also the love chemical that bonds us in friendship, romance, and makes humans the social animals we are. In other words, social connection is endlessly imperative to our existence. Here are some ways to get closer to those around you and establish an even stronger relationship.
Share this with someone who absolutely could use more connection in their life and / or with a dear friend!
Try all of these ideas in one day or all throughout the week!
- Kiss them good morning
- Make them a coffee
- Do the dishes, take out the trash, or a chore they normally do around the home
- Write them a small post it note saying thank you for that thing they did today. No matter how simple, they deserve to be appreciated.
- Say you need a hug and get them to stop what they’re doing to share the greatest hug ever!
- Ask how they’re doing lately
- Ask about that one person in their circle they are close with
- Give them a compliment
- Read to them, poetry, a short article, a piece of news they’d like to hear, funny song lyrics, a few lines of good jokes you heard
- Enjoy a meal together
- Take a walk outside and get some fresh air hand in hand
Quick Miami Trip | Miami Style + Sephora Haul: Dior Beauty, Herbivore, Sol de Janeiro & More!
Getting A [Friendly] Divorce
Better each day 🌅
H&M TRY-ON HAUL: Easy Everyday Lux Autumn Looks
💇🏻♀️Sephora Haul, New Hair & House News
My first time flying and it’s transporting an $800,000 aircraft.Had to be extra careful!
GAP TRY-ON HAUL: Luxurious, Comfy Basic Tops For Autumn
QUINCE TRY-ON HAUL: SILK & CASHMERE UNDER $70
👩🏻✈️Flying an $800,000 plane, Weekly Outfits + Rosh Hashanah🍎
There is nothing that makes you more beautiful than creating a strong relationship with someone who cares about you. Caring is the ultimate gift we have as women. We give so much as it is, but sometimes it’s good to have that feminine energy of receiving someone else’s time, presence, and listening to what they have to say.
It’s so empowering to be there for someone and have the trust of others to rely on you. Truly an incredible notion we have in this life worth cherishing. It should never be taken for granted.
Thank you so much for taking time to read the end of this post. I hope you find some inspiration in this and feel free to share with your friends as a free way to help my blog grow. Your support is endlessly appreciated.